14th September 2020
As you are aware, the Government has introduced a new law effective from Monday 14th September to try to restrict the spread of COVID-19.
However, all classes and activities we have re-started, or plan to re-start, will continue to function under the guidelines we have set for each. We have carefully followed the Government advice in drawing up the protocols and guidelines.
If you are coming to the Centre, please continue to maintain social distancing, wear face coverings when required to and sanitise hands regularly to ensure everyone feels safe.
Managing the phased re-opening
When considering which classes to open first we have considered government guidelines, whether the classes are currently taking place on Zoom, and which classes we feel will be of most benefit to our older members. Should government guidelines impact on the re-opening of any of these classes our programme will change accordingly. We will be updating the website as classes open so do please look at the timetable.
Clearly, it is essential that we give all our members and staff the highest level of protection from Covid-19 while they are at the Avenue Club. With that in mind we have written guidelines for each class which we ask each attendee to follow.
Numbers for some classes need to be restricted for the time being to ensure social distancing can be maintained. If you book a place please let us know, with as much notice as possible, if you will not be able to attend.
If, prior to the pandemic, you have been attending a class on a regular basis, a member of the Avenue Club Team will telephone you before its proposed re-start date and run through the main changes to the class, and we will also email/post the relevant guidelines, where possible. If you would like to attend any of the classes named above, and you do not hear from us over the next few weeks please do give us a call on 020 8948 8807.
In addition to adhering to class specific guidelines, we would also ask that our members take responsibility for their own wellbeing and that of their fellow members so please do not come to classes if:
- You are feeling unwell with symptoms that could be caused by COVID-19 (high temperature, a new continuous cough or a change in their sense of taste or smell),
- you are in quarantine
- you have been in contact, within the previous 14 days, of a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
We also ask that if:
- You are clinically vulnerable you follow the advice of your doctor regarding using Avenue Club facilities
- You are classified as needing to shield you do not attend classes/visit the Club until Government and public health advice permit you to do so.
- you develop symptoms that could be due to COVID-19 infection, within 7 days of your last time in the Avenue Club, you report this immediately to the Avenue Club office.
We are very excited by our re-opening and look forward to welcoming as many of you as possible back to the Avenue Club.
The Avenue Club Team
Regular updates will be available on this website.